Romesco Roasted Potatoes and Green Beans
A delicious twist on green beans and potatoes – Romesco Roasted Potatoes and Green Beans
- 2 pounds Yukon gold yellow or red potatoes chopped into ½ inch cubes
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb green beans, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Romesco-Inspired Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- ¾ cup raw walnuts
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup lightly packed jarred roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 ½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large green onions finely chopped for garnish
- Make the roasted vegetables. Preheat oven to 400F. Position two oven racks near the middle of the oven. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the chopped potatoes in a mound on one baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil, and toss to coat. Spread out the potatoes in an even layer over the pan. Place the green beans in a mound on the second baking sheet. Drizzle with the remaining ½ tablespoon oil and toss to coat. Spread out the green beans into an even layer over the pan. Sprinkle both the potatoes and green beans with a generous amount of salt and paper.
- Roast the potatoes and green beans for 30-35 minutes until the potatoes are golden brown and fork tender and the beans are wilted and lightly charred in some spots, flipping halfway through roasting.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. In a small skillet, toast the walnuts over medium heat for 4-8 minutes until fragrant
- In a food processor, process the garlic until minced. Add the toasted walnuts, oil, roasted red peppers, vinegar, smoked papika, cayenne pepper, and salt and black pepper to taste. Process until smooth.
- Transfer the hot out of the oven potatoes and green beans to a large bowl. Add all of the romesco sauce and toss until fully coated. Serve warm, with the green onions sprinkled on top. The dish cools down fast, so be sure to serve it as quickly as possible!
Resource: Cook book: Oh She Glows for Dinner: Nourishing Plant-based Meals to Keep You Glowing
If you’re looking for more delicious vegan dinner ideas, be sure to try out this Creamy Roasted Tomato Soup!