Gluten Free Cinnamon Roll Muffins
Enjoy a classic cinnamon roll, but in a gluten-free muffin. Enjoy all the flavour of a cinnamon bun, without all the work! Cinnamon is known for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. These delicious muffins come with a dairy-free option as well.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 3/4 cups dairy free milk of choice
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, melted (Smart balance)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened (Smart balance)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon gluten-free flour
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons dairy free milk of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Use cupcake liners, silicone liners or grease muffin pan with butter or with avocado oil cooking spray.
- In a large bowl add the gluten-free flour, xanthan gum (leave out if your flour already has
it), salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs, and vanilla and mix until fully combined.
- Once combined stir in the melted butter.
- Scoop the batter (will be very thick and sticky) into the lined/greased muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, gluten-free flour and cinnamon together with
- Drop a heaping teaspoonful of the butter mixture onto each muffin batter.
- Use a knife to swirl the butter mixture through the muffins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 24-26 minutes. Watch muffins because every oven is different.
- Use a toothpick to see if the centres are done.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the powdered sugar, milk and pure vanilla extract together.
- Drizzle over the warm muffins and Enjoy! (Store in an air-tight container).
Looking for more gluten-free desserts? Be sure to check out this Decadent Chocolate Quinoa Cake (also delicious as cupcakes).