Red Thai Curry Fettuccini
Warm up your cool autumn evenings with this delicious, savoury pasta recipe. This Red Thai Curry Fettuccini whips up in about 20 minutes and uses easily accessible ingredients that you can find in almost any grocery store. Try this leftover-friendly recipe as part of your meal prep or as an easy weeknight dinner!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 1 box (16 oz) fettuccini noodles – gluten free
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper cut into small pieces
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 package of large raw shrimp or prawns (deveined and shelled) – thawed
- Fill a medium pot half way with water, add a pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
- Add fettuccini to boiling salted water and cook according to package directions.
- Chop peppers, mince garlic and roughly chop cilantro.
- Heat avocado oil in large skillet on medium heat and add garlic and sauté until it starts to brown. Be careful not to let it burn.
- Add the peppers and sauté for 5 minutes. Then add curry powder and salt, stir to combine.
- Next add the shrimp/prawns to the skillet, stir occasionally, and cook until almost entirely opaque (1-3 minutes).
- Add coconut milk, red curry paste, soy sauce, stir and cook on medium low for 10 minutes.
- Finally, add the cooked noodles into the sauce and toss well to combine.
- Top with fresh cilantro to garnish and enjoy!
If you loved this Red Thai Curry Fettuccini recipe, make sure you try this Thai Vegetable Noodle Soup!